Tuesday 9 August 2011

One Of Those Mornings

Hey, what happened to the weather - we're back to 'brrrrr' - hard-to-get-out-of-bed-weather.

So, why can't I just get up when the alarm goes off? For me, an alarm going off at 5:15 is an instant sleeping potion and I crash back into the deepest, most fitful slumber - as usual. Luckily I wake up fifteen minutes later, knowing I REALLY need to get out of bed NOW and head for the shower. How hard can it be? It's 10 steps away from the bed. But no, too warm and cosy in here. I can steal another five and still get out the door in time for my meeting. In serious danger of falling back into a deep, deep sleep.....

WHY didn't I just get up? Now I'm running late, I've put my top on inside-out but I don't yet know that yet. I'm flying out the door, calling back to whoever hears me to feed the dogs and check their water - please? I'm about to start the car and (thankfully, thankfully, thankfully) notice that my top is inside-out. This morning, it's a blessing  the windows are fogged up. A quick change manoeuvre and I'm on my way, cursing myself as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment